- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Feline Friendly Practice
In May 2013 Stack Veterinary Hospital became a certified feline friendly practice, the first in Syracuse, in accordance to guidelines created by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP).
Our purpose is to provide optimum feline care, educate clients, increase awareness of feline health issues, and make the veterinary visit more comfortable for you and your cat by creating a cat-friendly environment.
Here are some of the things we have done to make our hospital more feline friendly:
- Feline only waiting room
- Feline only exam room complete with cat shelves and house
- Use of Feliway(c) diffusers in most of our exam rooms
- Feline only ward for hospitalized cats
- Use of boxes to hide in or sit on top of when in kennels
- Use of towels sprayed with Feliway(c) to cover carries and restrain patients
- Minimal restraint for procedures
- House calls for appointments if needed
"I was very impressed with the separate waiting area for our feline friends. This reduces stress and makes for a better visit." ~Marguerite Grosick~
"Amazing service, facility was very clean and orderly, every one of the staff was courteous and showed actual interest in me and my pet which was nice. My cat is not friendly and they handled it with a professional attitude and I appreciated that." ~JP Theberge~