Feline Friendly Practice
In May 2013 Stack Veterinary Hospital became a certified feline friendly practice, the first in Syracuse, in accordance to guidelines created by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP).
Our purpose is to provide optimum feline care, educate clients, increase awareness of feline health issues, and make the veterinary visit more comfortable for you and your cat by creating a cat-friendly environment.
Here are some of the things we have done to make our hospital more feline friendly:
- *Feline only waiting room
- *Feline only exam room complete with cat shelves and house
- *Use of Feliway(c) diffusers in most of our exam rooms
- *Feline only ward for hospitalized cats
- *Use of boxes to hide in or sit on top of when in kennels
- *Use of towels sprayed with Feliway(c) to cover carries and restrain patients
- *Minimal restraint for procedures
- *House calls for appointments if needed